Welcome to CGC1PCR--Summer School Credit Recovery!
Unit 1: Geographer's Toolkit
- Basic Mapping (Slideshow)--here's a pdf version if you can't get the other one to open on your device.
- BOLTSS (Handout to complete)
- Complete the Geography of Home assignment
- Canada Map Assignment-->**Just in case you need to print off extra blank copies of the maps at home: Map of Canada And Map of Canada With Rivers
Unit 2: Interactions in the Physical Environment
Unit 3: Managing Resources and Industries
- Defining Natural Resources handout (this comes from the brain that the good Lord gave'ya!); and An Introduction to Natural Resources and Industry in Canada (use the blue Geography Now text)
- Begin work on Forestry in Canada
- Ask me for the Forestry MASTER in case you missed something! CHECKPOINT!
- Check out: Rick Mercer Heli-logging, Rick Mercer and the BC Forest Fire Services, Rick Mercer and Log Rolling, and Canada's Sustainable Forests
- Natural Resources, Industry, and Forestry in Canada Quiz
- Agriculture in Canada
- Ask me for the Agriculture MASTER in case you missed something!
- Check out Rick Mercer Harvesting Wheat, Rick Mercer on the Potato Farm, and Rick at the Cranberry Farm
- Mining in Canada
- Ask me for the Mining MASTER in case you missed something!
- Check out Rick Mercer Potash Mining, Rick Mercer at the Oil Sands, Rick Mercer on an Oil Rig....and some from the other side of the issue: Mercer's Rant on Asbestos CHECKPOINT!!
- Agriculture and Mining Quiz
- Energy in Canada: Will we run out of power? Assignment (This is a two-part handout; part of this is a research task for which you can use the Chromebooks) (attach a master to marked version)
- Canadian Industries Poster Assignment
- Industries Reflection Assignment--Maybe do on chart paper first as a class, one paper per question
Unit 4: Liveable Communities
- Rural vs Urban Settlement Patterns slideshow AND Ms. Hyndman's slideshow--both accompanied by Patterns and Impacts of Urban Land Use handout. Don't forget to put the % of each land use type on your handout where it asks for it!
- What is New Urbanism in theory? Do you see real New Urbanism in your community? One of the most famous, and perhaps unusual, New Urbanist communities is Celebration, Florida, created by the good folks at Disney. Check it out here!
- Community Sustainability Note and Assignment--what the heck does that mean???
- Liveable Communities: Push and Pull Factors handout
- Urban Issues Poster Assignment (For Step 2 of this, here is the research chart you will need.)
- Go through Ecological Footprints and Environmental Sustainability slideshow (here's a pdf version for it); modified from Mr. Capello's slideshow. Complete the handout that goes with it
- Check out Living Zero Waste Video (You Can Live Without Producing Waste)
- Zero Waste Assignment
- EcoShoutOut Assignment
Unit 5: Changing Populations
- Populations Patterns
- Take up Populations Patterns--here is the MASTER in case you need it for your notes
- Population Density
- Rural-to-Urban Migration
- Revisit Push/Pull Factors
- Finish going through Rural-to-Urban Migration--see the MASTER here
- Quiz Monday, beginning of class on: People Patterns, Population Density, and Rural vs. Migration (Populations Patterns--here is the MASTER, Population Density (see Ms. Duff for this!), and Rural-to-Urban Migration--see the MASTER here)
- An Introduction to Canada's Aboriginal People student note, see MASTER here! (Lesson by Vanessa)
- Spotlight on Nunavut: 1) Nunavut questions using the Canada Visa Nunavut web page
- Nunavut Slideshow
- Videos on Nunavut: Inuit Culture in Gjoa Haven and Life in Iqaluit
- Urban Land Use slide show and student note
- Aging Population
- Check out Who We Are to look at active population pyramid
- Complete Aging Population handout; take up together--here is the MASTER for your notes